One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not defiled; pure.
virtuous, moral, ethical, good, righteous, angelic, saintly, pious, honourable, reputable, wholesome, clean, honest, upright, upstanding, exemplary, above reproach, irreproachable, innocentView synonyms
- ‘However, about 80 percent of the Canadian boreal forest is still undefiled.’
- ‘There they found that they could light the Menorah for only one day, due to a lack of undefiled oil.’
- ‘When the subways were cleaned up, people felt better; they could get to work rumpled but undefiled.’
- ‘He seemed so tranquil and his features were so soft and undefiled.’
- ‘Oh, no, Ember only pretended to make out with Cale, so her lips are still undefiled.’
- ‘It is for them a symbol of purity, undefiled despite its muddy origin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.