Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not defeated, especially in a battle or other contest.‘the undefeated champion’
triumphant, conquering, vanquishing, winning, champion, successful, top, first, second to noneView synonyms
- ‘Recently, a shining star has emerged from the show after going seven weeks straight undefeated.’
- ‘Now they have gone four games undefeated and have moved up from the doldrums.’
- ‘I know from experience the difference a few games undefeated can make to morale in the camp.’
- ‘The last team to complete a full season undefeated was Terry Woods' Thistles team of 1992.’
- ‘Having slipped to fifth place York now have the daunting task of going the rest of the season undefeated if they are to stay in the title race’
- ‘City looked well set to make it ten games undefeated after Mark Bower's goal on 34 minutes handed City a deserved lead.’
- ‘The Premier League newcomers are now undefeated after two matches.’
- ‘Both teams are undefeated after three rounds and the result of the game will go a long way to showing the state of the competition.’
- ‘Stirling County went third after their third successive undefeated game.’
- ‘He eventually achieved the maximum eight wins, retiring undefeated.’
- ‘We went right through the season undefeated and then lost the last game at home in front of 70,000 people.’
- ‘Anything between three and six games undefeated would bring us back into the pack.’
- ‘This was a clean sweep by the Ulster side who remained undefeated in all of their championship matches.’
- ‘That was probably the reason why we went undefeated as long as we did.’
- ‘He has consistently dominated the court all season, going undefeated in all his singles matches.’
- ‘Thompson remained undefeated in the singles for the third season in a row and was division one individual runner-up to Leake.’
- ‘The U.S. went entirely undefeated in the tournament until the final game against Canada.’
- ‘Quite how a boxer with such a poor capacity for absorbing a blow has gone 24 fights undefeated remains a mystery.’
- ‘After five games without a win, Menston have now gone three undefeated, with two victories and a winning draw.’
- ‘They remain undefeated in this year's intermediate league and held off any team that crossed their path.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.