One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a lack of criticism or consideration of whether something is right or wrong.‘he uncritically accepts lunatic ideas and believes almost anything’
- ‘This is a superficial memorialisation which an analytical history ought not uncritically reproduce.’
- ‘I would argue that this combination of stunningly bold conceptual break-throughs on matters of history, class and progress, with uncritically trite and commonplace approaches to gender, explains a great deal about what is best and worst in their work.’
- ‘Admittedly, some marketing people are uncritically gushing in their admiration of the Emperor's new Paco Rabanne coat.’
- ‘The reporter should not be touting uncritically the myths of the defectors.’
- ‘The film posits that uncritically trusting in any system whatsoever inevitably leads to disastrous consequences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.