One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not correlated; lacking a mutual relationship or connection.
- ‘In the second stage, we apply Independent Component Analysis (ICA) to separate the channels of information from uncorrelated noise.’
- ‘The sampling interval must therefore be long enough to assure a collection of uncorrelated bilayer configurations.’
- ‘A second set of environmental factors were orthogonal and uncorrelated to this first gradient.’
- ‘We note that the confidence intervals and significance estimates discussed above rely on the assumption of uncorrelated samples.’
- ‘For simplicity, residual effects for both traits were assumed to be uncorrelated.’
- ‘Correlation between parameters results in wider confidence intervals than for uncorrelated parameters.’
- ‘The word "random" as used in science does not mean uncaused, unplanned, or inexplicable; it means uncorrelated.’
- ‘Correlated targets are various types of space junk tracked and kept in Air Force computers while uncorrelated targets are unknowns.’
- ‘In large alignments, with fairly randomly scattered ambiguities, site-pattern probability estimates remain close to uncorrelated.’
- ‘One of the attention tests, the attention switching test, was even shown to be uncorrelated in either experiment.’
- ‘Results were satisfactory, showing low Root Mean Square Errors (RMSE), and parameters that were relatively uncorrelated.’
- ‘Blue and red colors in this map indicate negatively and positively correlated regions, respectively, whereas yellow refers to regions with uncorrelated fluctuations.’
- ‘Our study has the advantages associated with a cohort design, in which exposure and outcome data are objectively identifiable with uncorrelated errors.’
- ‘A second idea that can be exploited when evaluating the quality of forecasts is that fore cast errors should be serially uncorrelated.’
- ‘These deformations are random, with their amplitude and direction uncorrelated with the center of mass motion.’
- ‘The in-plane positions of the pores in fluid membranes were uncorrelated between adjacent bilayers.’
- ‘Maximum economies of scale mean the essential goods are uncorrelated.’
- ‘In each chain, evaluating the parameters and initially assuming that they were uncorrelated generated a likelihood profile.’
- ‘Was it due to inefficient markets or are there simply no uncorrelated assets?’
- ‘In general, in full hydration, the peptide organization in each lipid bilayer is uncorrelated to the neighboring bilayers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.