Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not correlated; lacking a mutual relationship or connection.
- ‘Correlation between parameters results in wider confidence intervals than for uncorrelated parameters.’
- ‘The word "random" as used in science does not mean uncaused, unplanned, or inexplicable; it means uncorrelated.’
- ‘In the second stage, we apply Independent Component Analysis (ICA) to separate the channels of information from uncorrelated noise.’
- ‘Correlated targets are various types of space junk tracked and kept in Air Force computers while uncorrelated targets are unknowns.’
- ‘A second set of environmental factors were orthogonal and uncorrelated to this first gradient.’
- ‘Blue and red colors in this map indicate negatively and positively correlated regions, respectively, whereas yellow refers to regions with uncorrelated fluctuations.’
- ‘We note that the confidence intervals and significance estimates discussed above rely on the assumption of uncorrelated samples.’
- ‘Our study has the advantages associated with a cohort design, in which exposure and outcome data are objectively identifiable with uncorrelated errors.’
- ‘The sampling interval must therefore be long enough to assure a collection of uncorrelated bilayer configurations.’
- ‘For simplicity, residual effects for both traits were assumed to be uncorrelated.’
- ‘Results were satisfactory, showing low Root Mean Square Errors (RMSE), and parameters that were relatively uncorrelated.’
- ‘The in-plane positions of the pores in fluid membranes were uncorrelated between adjacent bilayers.’
- ‘A second idea that can be exploited when evaluating the quality of forecasts is that fore cast errors should be serially uncorrelated.’
- ‘Maximum economies of scale mean the essential goods are uncorrelated.’
- ‘In large alignments, with fairly randomly scattered ambiguities, site-pattern probability estimates remain close to uncorrelated.’
- ‘In general, in full hydration, the peptide organization in each lipid bilayer is uncorrelated to the neighboring bilayers.’
- ‘These deformations are random, with their amplitude and direction uncorrelated with the center of mass motion.’
- ‘One of the attention tests, the attention switching test, was even shown to be uncorrelated in either experiment.’
- ‘Was it due to inefficient markets or are there simply no uncorrelated assets?’
- ‘In each chain, evaluating the parameters and initially assuming that they were uncorrelated generated a likelihood profile.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.