One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Jo-Beth is the darkest and - shall we say, most unconventionally attractive, while Sylvia is (rather aptly) a real daddy's girl with a tendency to put on weight.’
- ‘As the face of the National Lotto campaign, his hair remains unconventionally long and his minimal beard - recently dyed by Taylor Ferguson in Glasgow - is an attention-seeking purple.’
- ‘But as Keynes once remarked, failing conventionally is often less harmful to a professional reputation than succeeding unconventionally.’
- ‘But the conventional food is unconventionally prepared - it is just right stirred with lily and snow pieces, which need the oil from the youtiao to make them tasty.’
- ‘Plus it's too notoriously remembered for it's own good - but few people can ever give you a valid reason why, except perhaps that it was really unconventionally slow and ecologically aware compared with its peers of that era.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.