One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the conventional food is unconventionally prepared - it is just right stirred with lily and snow pieces, which need the oil from the youtiao to make them tasty.’
- ‘But as Keynes once remarked, failing conventionally is often less harmful to a professional reputation than succeeding unconventionally.’
- ‘Plus it's too notoriously remembered for it's own good - but few people can ever give you a valid reason why, except perhaps that it was really unconventionally slow and ecologically aware compared with its peers of that era.’
- ‘Jo-Beth is the darkest and - shall we say, most unconventionally attractive, while Sylvia is (rather aptly) a real daddy's girl with a tendency to put on weight.’
- ‘As the face of the National Lotto campaign, his hair remains unconventionally long and his minimal beard - recently dyed by Taylor Ferguson in Glasgow - is an attention-seeking purple.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.