One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When a storm began, all cannons had to be securely fastened and tied in place; otherwise, they would roll uncontrolledly around the deck, causing havoc.’
- ‘He was standing in front of his mirror, looking at his terrible face with the mustache that had been growing uncontrolledly for already more than three days.’
- ‘Near Freder, upon the illuminated mosaic floor, cowered the little drink-mixer, sobbing uncontrolledly.’
- ‘A few moments after he spoke, an elderly woman, glassy eyed from a trance, reeled uncontrolledly through the dimly lit room.’
- ‘The Skylab example can be used again, since it uncontrolledly re-entered the atmosphere in July of 1979, scattering some 20 tons of debris on Australia and the Indian Ocean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.