One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that cannot be controlled or restrained.‘Daniel fell to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably’‘my hands started to shake uncontrollably’
- ‘The Olympic Games have become a bloated economic monster, growing uncontrollably.’
- ‘The danger is that long-term US interest rates will not simply rise, but spike uncontrollably higher.’
- ‘The label is not alone in watching music sales spin uncontrollably into reverse.’
- ‘In a short time, the victim bleeds uncontrollably.’
- ‘We draw a cartoon of Beethoven doing a poo, and begin giggling uncontrollably.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.