One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) not able to be contacted by phone or other means.‘you're without a phone and uncontactable’
- ‘If you choose, you need (almost) never be uncontactable.’
- ‘Thirty minutes later, Goldstone was apparently uncontactable.’
- ‘He calls me back in ten minutes, having miraculously spoken to the previously uncontactable vendor.’
- ‘The principal remained uncontactable throughout Thursday.’
- ‘Players and officials were suddenly and terminally uncontactable, and even when mobile phones were answered, no one would talk on the record.’
- ‘We made up to 10 attempts to contact each patient at different times of the day before we declared them uncontactable.’
- ‘My client has been out of the city on business for several days and was therefore quite uncontactable.’
- ‘He is away at the moment, and uncontactable, so not in a position to put the record straight, or otherwise.’
- ‘It is understood the site's developer has been uncontactable for weeks yet a lengthy list of essential work at The Oaks still remains undone.’
- ‘I was uncontactable, my social life was really ruined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.