One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These are unconformably overlain by Lower Carboniferous limestones of the Alapaevsk unit and cut by a Permian granite.’
- ‘The Moine rocks are overlain unconformably by post-Caledonian, Old Red Sandstone sedimentary rocks.’
- ‘These mid-Palaeozoic formations are unconformably overlain by the Carboniferous-Permian Pillahuinco Group.’
- ‘Other sedimentary successions include Lower Jurassic terrestrial mudstone/sandstone sequences of the Botany Bay Group, which unconformably overlies the Trinity Peninsula Group.’
- ‘The most significant of the south-vergent thrusts is the Besal Thrust, which places basement rocks, unconformably overlain by rocks of the First Cover Sequence, on top of rocks of the Second Cover Sequence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.