Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of rock strata in contact) marking a discontinuity in the geological record, and typically not having the same direction of stratification.
- ‘In this transect, the contact between the Carboniferous strata and the volcanic sequence appears to be an unconformable sedimentary contact.’
- ‘At this locality, the upper layers of the Mishan Formation are truncated below the unconformable contact at the base of the overlying Agha Jari Formation.’
- ‘Along much of its exposed length, the unconformable contact was intensely sheared during subsequent ductile deformation.’
- ‘However, of greatest interest is the unconformable contact between the Wiens Formation and Neptune Group.’
- ‘This angular relationship has been interpreted as evidence for an unconformable contact.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.