One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rock strata in contact) marking a discontinuity in the geological record, and typically not having the same direction of stratification.
- ‘Along much of its exposed length, the unconformable contact was intensely sheared during subsequent ductile deformation.’
- ‘At this locality, the upper layers of the Mishan Formation are truncated below the unconformable contact at the base of the overlying Agha Jari Formation.’
- ‘However, of greatest interest is the unconformable contact between the Wiens Formation and Neptune Group.’
- ‘This angular relationship has been interpreted as evidence for an unconformable contact.’
- ‘In this transect, the contact between the Carboniferous strata and the volcanic sequence appears to be an unconformable sedimentary contact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.