Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of data) not compressed.
- ‘Super DLT provides substantially higher data storage capacity, delivering more than 100GB of uncompressed storage capacity on a single cartridge.’
- ‘When they finish with this data, the file is left uncompressed for better performance.’
- ‘This file is quite large when uncompressed (around 800 K compressed and 10 Mb uncompressed).’
- ‘When you leave the pure playback domain, all the footage is uncompressed and captured from some esoteric device.’
- ‘Drive capacities are native, uncompressed capacities.’
- ‘The resulting email system has operational costs for international email transfers below $10 per megabyte of uncompressed text.’
- ‘An uncompressed file will probably only fit on a DVD-RAM drive, which is capable of holding 2.5 GB of information.’
- ‘As both media become increasingly digitised, they are requiring high-performance network and storage systems to transport and store uncompressed high-definition imagery.’
- ‘Besides the tape's threshold, users were using uncompressed mode.’
- ‘Its entire source tree is just over 1MB in size, fully uncompressed.’
- ‘Certain users may only want particular resolutions or compression ratios (e.g. a serious researcher may require an uncompressed high resolution image).’
- ‘An uncompressed 1 megabyte file takes 146 seconds to upload at 56K.’
- ‘If you want your music uncompressed, then it can store well over 100 hours of listening pleasure.’
- ‘The Viper 200 will provide native 100GB uncompressed data capacity.’
- ‘It would take all my Wi-Fi bandwidth just to do an uncompressed data stream.’
- ‘Smaller projects are temporarily stored as uncompressed tiff files, until retrieved by the requestor.’
- ‘For both compressed and uncompressed, upload times were a bit lower in each case.’
- ‘The downside, of course, is that to restore the data, the entire compressed unit must be uncompressed to restore even a small portion.’
- ‘The high-resolution uncompressed TIFF image files were then converted into the JPEG2000 format.’
- ‘You could keep dozens - maybe even a hundred - uncompressed multi-megapixel images on board.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.