One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But then, abruptly and uncomprehendingly, it's not alright.’
- ‘The movie's a little bit like Happy, Texas or Drop Dead Gorgeous, and a little bit more like Clueless, right down to people uncomprehendingly parroting rude words in French - revealed in subtitles.’
- ‘I just grabbed code from here and there and uncomprehendingly stuck it together.’
- ‘As the majority of the audience, made up of Sanskrit scholars, teachers and students, nodded in approval at every sentence, the few uninitiated members of the crowd stared on uncomprehendingly.’
- ‘Like many early analytic philosophers, he read the tradition quickly, uncomprehendingly, and poorly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.