One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being rare or unusual.‘the relative uncommonness of the name’
infrequency, rareness, unusualness, singularity, uniquenessView synonyms
- ‘The uncommonness of the latter three species in the state is reason enough to warrant monitoring their known populations.’
- ‘Twain was especially impressed with the brilliant color and uncommonness of the Eastern costume.’
- ‘Our admiration of 'em does not so much arise out of their Greatness as Uncommonness.’
- ‘There was tea break after tea break, but never really a break long enough to snap out of the work and appreciate the uncommonness of the situation.’
- ‘It is not the uncommonness of the diction or phrasing but the uncommonness of the sentiment and appropriate expression that accounts for eloquence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.