Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Change (a piece of text within a program) from being a comment to being part of the program that is run by the computer by removing tagging that identifies the text as a comment.
- ‘When testing, you can uncomment the 30-second test line to make sure everything's working properly, but be sure to comment it back out before trying to catch a show.’
- ‘You can uncomment those lines separately, to verify the type of compiler error you'll see when trying each, proving the inherent safety of events over delegates in this situation.’
- ‘Until a new version is available, you can fix this bug yourself by uncommenting line 38 in Upstage/img2swf.py and deleting ‘giftopnm’ flag ‘- background ‘#fff’ ‘in line 63.’’
- ‘In order to get a graphical login screen presented to a querying host, the/etc / X11 / xdm / Xaccess file needs to have the following lines uncommented.’
- ‘To enable POP3, you have to uncomment the pop3 entry on the file/etc/inetd.conf.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.