One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a place) not yet colonized.
- ‘Other writers in this collection find imperial pressure on all the states of Asia, including uncolonized China, to be quite significant.’
- ‘Partly because of the Caribs, Grenada remained uncolonized for more than 100 years after its discovery; early English efforts to settle the island were unsuccessful.’
- ‘But many of the former English-speaking colonies are now better off than the mother country, while uncolonized Ethiopia and Nepal remain poor.’
- ‘Studies have suggested that prairie dog colonies have higher avian densities and are more species rich than uncolonized areas.’
- ‘Due in part to the defensive capabilities of the Carib Indians, Grenada remained uncolonized by European countries for most of the sixteenth century and half of the seventeenth century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.