One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
show, display, exhibit, disclose, uncover, expose to view, allow to be seen, put on display, put on show, put on view, barebring to light, uncover, turn up, expose to view, lay bare, unearth, dig up, excavate, unveil, unmask, detect, betray, be evidence of, indicate, demonstrate, manifest, evince, make clear, make plainView synonyms
- ‘As a practicing Buddhist, Shea's attempt to crosshatch and uncloak these seemingly disparate elements as mere veneers is none too surprising.’
- ‘Our simple and occasionally fun jargon uncloaks what are truly complex concepts and grants the reporter and the public an opportunity to think about the ideas rather than puzzle over the names of things.’
- ‘There's the teacher in charge of the debating team, who's as desperate to uncloak Justin's potential as he is to guide other promising students into success.’
- ‘She can't wait to free and uncloak herself more in her singing.’
- ‘I suppose if an angel was extremely strong, they could use the energy in their place of birth to uncloak themselves, but I have no support for these wild flights of fancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.