One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Moreover, they are less likely to behave uncivilly in smaller groups.’
- ‘I contend that other reason TSE has been treated so uncivilly is that environmentalist organisations have developed considerable political power by relying heavily on Mencken's exhortation to exploit imaginary hobgoblins.’
- ‘Instead we happily divert to supposed ‘safe’ spots, there to be uncivilly mugged or traffic-maimed.’
- ‘The boy insisted his master had beaten him with a piece of wood ‘uncivilly and threatened to treat him so as he would remember for the rest of his life.’’
- ‘Safe behind the curtain, you will see him if he behaves uncivilly to Mrs. Zant, or you will hear her if she calls for help.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.