One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for uncinate
- ‘The slits 302 of the catches 300 thereupon engage with the unciform tabs 146 of the resilient plate 114.’
- 1.1dated Denoting the hamate bone of the wrist.
- ‘Articulations are between five bones: the radius above, os magnum and unciform bone below, scaphoid and cuneiform on either side.’
- ‘It's part of an aborted attempt by Teleoceras to form a posterior articulation between the magnum and unciform bone, in order to stabilize the wrist (and attempt to fuse the two bones).’
- ‘The inferior posterior unciform facet is widely separated from the anterior one.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.