One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for uncinate
- ‘The slits 302 of the catches 300 thereupon engage with the unciform tabs 146 of the resilient plate 114.’
- 1.1dated Denoting the hamate bone of the wrist.
- ‘Articulations are between five bones: the radius above, os magnum and unciform bone below, scaphoid and cuneiform on either side.’
- ‘The inferior posterior unciform facet is widely separated from the anterior one.’
- ‘It's part of an aborted attempt by Teleoceras to form a posterior articulation between the magnum and unciform bone, in order to stabilize the wrist (and attempt to fuse the two bones).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.