One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unselect (a box in an electronic form, questionnaire, etc.)‘consumers had to uncheck the box for travel insurance to opt out of purchasing it’
- ‘This unchecks all checkboxes that have been selected.’
- ‘I unchecked everything except a few essentials and rebooted.’
- ‘Uncheck any songs you do not want to copy.’
- ‘Go back to options; and for Alerts and Sounds, uncheck all the boxes.’
- ‘In the General tab, locate and uncheck File and Printer Sharing.’
- ‘Of course, unchecking that box doesn't uncheck the others, hence the need for a Clear All button.’
- ‘From here, I unchecked the option to set the time automatically.’
- ‘Under the security tab uncheck the box marked 'Log on to network'.’
- ‘If it is anything even remotely bad or something you don't use - uncheck the box next to it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.