One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nay, but they say that the precious metals foster all manner of vice, such as the seduction of women, adultery, and unchastity, in short, crimes of violence against the person.’
- ‘So I will have to modify my previous position: the problem is a culture of unchastity, whether hetero or homosexual.’
- ‘He immediately points out that sins against this commandment include not helping one's neighbor in preventing unchastity.’
- ‘More specifically, chapter one examines how a new language of gallantry competed with older Christian perceptions of adultery as a sinful unchastity requiring public policing.’
- ‘The topics addressed are swearing, falling from God, an exhortation against the fear of death, obedience to earthly rulers, adultery and unchastity, and contention and brawling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.