One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a lack of confidence or certainty.‘he thought for a moment before nodding uncertainly’‘the men glanced uncertainly between themselves’
- ‘The guard bit his lip uncertainly.’
- ‘His spirit rises up and hovers uncertainly over proceedings.’
- ‘"Good," he said uncertainly, because he had to say something.’
- ‘It was an ingenious but uncertainly developed theme of skipping skeletons and skulls descending hellward.’
- ‘Hung uncertainly from the building, the sunshades are precast concrete on the upper level and, on the lower one, black metal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.