One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a book, document, etc.) not yet cataloged.
- ‘While there will be some legitimate uncatalogued prints, for the most part the collector should stick to what is catalogued.’
- ‘The total number of items including uncatalogued material, is estimated to be about 150,000 and reflects all aspects of life in Camden.’
- ‘Under this grant hitherto uncatalogued materials were added to the online catalogue.’
- ‘The site now contains listings of both catalogued and uncatalogued material to be found in the library, enabling researchers to obtain a much clearer view of what the holdings are.’
- ‘The web is also like being stuck in a giant uncatalogued library, with every dusty shelf offering up hidden treasures; you just have to hunt for them.’
- ‘Some vernacular language material is not fully catalogued, but all uncatalogued vernacular materials can be found as an order record through an author or title search in the library catalog.’
- ‘Although they suspect additional pieces may have been stolen, they declined to speculate on the scope of the additional uncatalogued items that may have been looted.’
- ‘After a decade of efforts by the library committee and a succession of volunteers, most of the books remained uncatalogued.’
- ‘This collection, some of which is uncatalogued, covers fashion history, graphic design, corporate design, etc.’
- ‘Feel free to roam the uncatalogued contents; you never know what sort of treasures you might unearth!’
- ‘They were stored, uncatalogued, in the county record office.’
- ‘A survey has been designed and carried out to assess the extent of library materials within the group that remain either on card catalogue or indeed completely uncatalogued.’
- ‘This exhibition introduces a hitherto uncatalogued collection of Islamic calligraphy kept in the Wellcome Library.’
- ‘The collection was initially uncatalogued and placed alongside the Institute materials; it was of value but extremely difficult to use effectively.’
- ‘Sadly, many audio collections remain unpreserved or uncatalogued for lack of money or lack of institutional interest.’
- ‘Using unsorted and uncatalogued manuscript collections is also often restricted, and you may have to obtain special permission from the archivist.’
- ‘I liked to climb to the top of the tower, where uncatalogued documents and fragments left over from the Victorian rearrangement of the records were haphazardly thrown into sacks.’
- ‘Many of the 600,000 uncatalogued books are still sitting in unopened boxes.’
- ‘Much of the rest of the archival material is uncatalogued, and is now in some disarray.’
- ‘I have, over the years, become horrified at the overwhelming number of uncatalogued Old and Middle Irish manuscripts contained in repositories throughout Europe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.