One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an action) done without full consideration of the likely consequences.‘a hasty, uncalculated decision’
unintentional, unintended, accidental, unpremeditated, unplanned, unmeant, innocent, unconscious, unthinking, unwitting, involuntaryView synonyms
- ‘A speed camera might catch speeders, might stop some accidents, but it will not stop people from taking uncalculated, dangerous risks.’
- ‘The whole thing had been completely improvised and uncalculated.’
- ‘While he has invested in public and private companies in Ireland and overseas, he does not take uncalculated risks.’
- ‘His age and the isolated and uncalculated nature of his offences counted in his favour but he can still consider himself fortunate to be a free man.’
- ‘Its studies have increasingly pointed to the uncalculated risks of exposure to lawn-care chemicals.’
- ‘Joe's actions at the rescue are impulsive, uncalculated, and even noble.’
- ‘What saves him is sincerity and uncalculated emotion.’
- ‘I took a chance, an uncalculated risk without knowing what the reactions would be.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.