One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act or instance of removing a newly purchased product from its packaging and examining its features, typically when filmed and shared on a social media site.‘you might want to take a look at the first two videos: we've included an unboxing, so you'll see how your smartphone would arrive’as modifier ‘the unboxing video is around 15 minutes long’
- ‘For those who want to share in the joy without actually parting with their cash, there's unboxing.’
- ‘I have been watching cell phone reviews and unboxings for a few years now.’
- ‘The Vietnamese site has a video of the product unboxing.’
- ‘Now, I test gadgets all the time, and I don't typically find unboxings exciting.’
- ‘The Boy Genius got his hands on a much-wanted smartphone that nobody else has and posted unboxing shots for us all.’
- ‘Don't pretend you're too self aware and mature to enjoy watching someone open a box with a thing inside - we know you like unboxings.’
- ‘We recommend you don't look if you want to have the full impact of your unboxing.’
- ‘Check out the full review, as well as some unboxing pics by hitting the link.’
- ‘You can read about the unboxing and setup experience in the first part.’
- ‘In the spirit of getting an early look at upcoming hardware, MSI sent us its motherboard for an exclusive video unboxing and preview.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.