One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not or no longer enclosed or packaged in a box.‘the farmers' market offers the promise of farm-ripened foods: unboxed, unprocessed, and unbranded’‘I've purchased several unboxed cosmetics items from the site and I've never had a problem’
- ‘This unboxed retail pair weighs 1,439 grams per size 27 boot - 6 grams less than the catalog weight!’
- ‘The copier's footprint is reassuringly small, and it's no effort to move around with an unboxed weight of 9.95kg.’
- ‘Furthermore, some websites sell unboxed toners that would otherwise be unsellable in most shops.’
- ‘Video presented at a news conference shows him walking the aisles and picking up an air rifle that had been left, unboxed, on a shelf.’
- ‘Unboxed items are priced according to size (not weight).’
- ‘Many a freshly unboxed coffee machine will be taking a pounding come December 25th, but few will have arrived carrying the price tag of a small car.’
- ‘The images give a good look at front displays of the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models, though they're nothing on the unboxed ones that emerged over the weekend.’
- ‘Anyone posting an amateur unboxing video from wrapped package to unboxed device is just showing off their new toy.’
- ‘Shoppers can order an unboxed pre-owned machine for £315 or £325 or a boxed option for £340.’
- ‘Free of harsh chemicals or colorants, the quality of this unboxed item will be as fresh and genuine as the original packing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.