Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Conduct (a test or experiment) in such a way that it is not blind.
- ‘Aspirin, in a dosage of 125 mg daily, reduced active-infection days by nearly 50 percent in a small, unblinded pilot study.’
- ‘That is correct, and we have not unblinded the study.’
- ‘Some of the patients in the control group who did not achieve resolution of the wart following the placebo injection were unblinded and given Candida antigen injections.’
- ‘Study personnel were unblinded to subject assignment.’
- ‘Stage 2 followed randomized patients from 25 to 33 months; in this stage, parents were unblinded.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.