Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not blessed.‘unblessed food’‘a desolate and unblest extent of buffalo-grass’
- ‘Left unclaimed and unblessed, biotechnology is frightening.’
- ‘They considered the skinny, the pale and the flabby with the same mixture of contempt, disdain and pity that a prim Christian mother feels for a single teenage girl and her unblessed bastard in a hand-me-down pushchair.’
- ‘The Synod will not lift a claw to defend an unblessed planet.’
- ‘If a group believes that God has chosen their people, then outsiders are not only unblessed but also very different from that group.’
- ‘Computer disks and skimpy tight female clothing, the demonic symbols of unblessed sexuality and perverted science, Allah's fires rise up and crush the wickedness, a blazing cleansing heat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.