One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not found in, authorized by, or based on the Bible.
- ‘However, biblical Christians should not be seduced by the unbiblical big bang theory.’
- ‘It is sad to see Dembski, a professing evangelical Christian, using this site to present his unbiblical views.’
- ‘The British Evangelical Council, first formed in 1952 as an Evangelical response to unbiblical ecumenism, is now known as ‘Affinity’.’
- ‘This has had a permanent and detrimental effect upon British and American Evangelicalism, and has undergirded a whole range of unbiblical holiness and perfectionist teachings ever since Wesley's day.’
- ‘This episode, way back in the Garden of Eden, highlights for those who have an eye to see it, the false and unbiblical nature of the evolutionary theory of human origins!’
- ‘Teachings such as prohibiting medical treatment or the idea that Christ's sacrifice was segmented (into shed blood for ‘spiritual sin’ and broken body for ‘physical sin’) were seen to be unbiblical.’
- ‘Each discipline should be dismantled, and, starting at the foundation, purged of unbiblical notions and rebuilt in accordance with biblical values and givens…’
- ‘Praying for strangers from a distance is hardly unbiblical, but James gives pretty specific instructions for how to pray for the sick.’
- ‘But Wilkinson thinks we're just being priggish and unbiblical; God actually has blessings stacked up for us in heaven that tragically go ungiven if we fail to ask for them.’
- ‘His moral judgement will always be suspect, his official pronouncements unbiblical, and his guidance that of the blind leading the blind.’
- ‘The Augustinian monk had come to the correct conclusion that the entire scheme, including penance, was unbiblical.’
- ‘What if a person was an unbeliever when he got divorced and it was for an unbiblical reason and later became a Christian?’
- ‘For example, a ‘pull yourself up by your own bootstraps’ approach to the poor is unbiblical because it's rooted in a worldly survival-of-the-fittest mentality.’
- ‘One or two statements appear to take Calvinism to unbiblical extremes, but these do not compromise the overall exposition.’
- ‘If the Jewish people are called by God to himself - on ‘his’ terms - then the introduction of unbiblical norms and practices into their relationship with God is an aberration that ought to be challenged rather than embraced.’
- ‘But once that has been sifted through, there is far more that is simply unbiblical and, without questioning the sincerity, misleading.’
- ‘The debt they owe to Reformation theology is explicitly acknowledged; and unbiblical ecumenism and charismaticism are rejected.’
- ‘For a director who has been so outspoken about his film's historical and scriptural authenticity, Gibson's vision of children is profoundly unbiblical.’
- ‘Since when did protesting unbiblical sexual behavior (whether promiscuity, adultery, or homosexuality) automatically become a hate crime?’
- ‘The unbiblical nature of all this is clear - such vain repetitions are condemned by our Lord.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.