Someone who has no religious beliefs, or who does not follow a particular religion.
infidel, heretic, heathen, non-believer, atheist, non-theist, agnostic, pagan, nihilist, apostate, freethinker, dissenter, nonconformistdisbeliever, sceptic, cynic, doubter, doubting thomas, questioner, scofferpaynimnullifidianView synonyms
- ‘I am English, born in Britain, but I am referred to as a heretic, unbeliever, infidel, etc., because I am a Pagan.’
- ‘So you priests better be careful with all that talk about the sinners and the unbelievers and heretics burning in hell.’
- ‘We have already been irrevocably tarred with the stain of sinner, unbeliever and infidel.’
- ‘We plan evangelistic services and events for unbelievers; worship services are for believers.’
- ‘In short, they held a place between heretic and unbeliever.’