Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not served by a bank or similar financial institution.‘we know from our own research that there are still 250,000 people in the country who are unbanked’
- ‘There are almost 10 million unbanked U.S. households, according to Department of Treasury figures.’
- ‘If the government steps aside, a free market will continue to reach out and draw the unbanked into the financial mainstream.’
- ‘To her surprise, Dunham found that two out of three unbanked individuals paid nothing to get cash.’
- ‘A mere 11 percent of the unbanked spent more than $100 a year to cash checks.’
- ‘These branches will afford the unbanked population with affordable minimum bank balance accounts that currently are unobtainable from most commercial banks.’
- ‘The FDIC program demonstrates that unbanked Latin American immigrants can be brought into the financial mainstream.’
- ‘In Kenya 80% of people are unbanked.’
- ‘We want to see banks starting to lend to the unbanked population.’
- ‘It is the poor and the carless "unbanked" elderly who suffer.’
- ‘For most of the unbanked, check-cashing services, supermarkets, and other outlets fill in the blanks.’
- ‘The unbanked often end up paying usurious fees at check-cashing establishments.’
- ‘Bank of Scotland is currently celebrating the first birthday of moves to extend banking to the unbanked in a poor area of Edinburgh through linking with Wester Hailes Representative Council.’
- ‘Although I am not among the "unbanked," I can identify with them, since sometimes I am close enough to living paycheck-to-paycheck that I need money fast and can't wait for a check to clear at my bank.’
- ‘Payday lenders provide a means for the unbanked to join the financial mainstream.’
- ‘Eight out of 10 unbanked families earn less than $25,000 a year.’
- ‘One fund actively invests in developmental and promotional activities in unbanked areas.’
- ‘He says that Kenya's unbanked population remains large.’
- ‘The initiative has led to the promotion of Easy Cash, its basic bank account to the previously unbanked which has helped them gain the first foot on the ladder to sound financial planning.’
- ‘The unbanked tend to be poor.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.