One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not aware of or roused to particular sensations or feelings.
- ‘In a late conversation, you desired my thoughts concerning a scriptural and consistent manner of addressing the consciences of unawakened sinners in the course of your ministry.’
- ‘For ‘if there is a sense of reality’, writes Musil, ‘there must also be a sense of possibility…the possible includes not only the fantasies of people with weak nerves but also the as yet unawakened intentions of God.’’
- ‘My aims will mostly be self-work, so I'm starting out as an unawakened dabbler.’
- ‘The ceremony somehow released all of a Master's unawakened power in one go.’
- ‘The last bit of his unawakened power surged through him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.