One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not aware of or roused to particular sensations or feelings.‘a period when the mind is serene and unawakened to the mysteries of life’‘she was sensual, when he was still unawakened’
- ‘In a late conversation, you desired my thoughts concerning a scriptural and consistent manner of addressing the consciences of unawakened sinners in the course of your ministry.’
- ‘For ‘if there is a sense of reality’, writes Musil, ‘there must also be a sense of possibility…the possible includes not only the fantasies of people with weak nerves but also the as yet unawakened intentions of God.’’
- ‘The ceremony somehow released all of a Master's unawakened power in one go.’
- ‘The last bit of his unawakened power surged through him.’
- ‘My aims will mostly be self-work, so I'm starting out as an unawakened dabbler.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.