Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not having official permission or approval.‘unauthorized access to the computer system’
unofficial, unsanctioned, uncertified, unaccredited, unlicensed, unwarranted, unapproveddisallowed, prohibited, banned, barred, forbidden, outlawed, illegal, against the law, illegitimate, illicit, interdicted, proscribedwildcatView synonyms
- ‘Several problems are mentioned including the unauthorised vehicular access and the illegal use of the water area.’
- ‘Forty-five per cent of respondents detected unauthorised access by insiders.’
- ‘There must be an unauthorised use or disclosure of that information.’
- ‘They're charged with conspiracy, computer fraud, wire fraud, and possession of unauthorized access devices.’
- ‘This statute would prohibit unauthorized access into a computer or computer system.’
- ‘Remember, churches have a lot of sensitive data that we don't want unauthorized people to access.’
- ‘She reminded motorists that it was still illegal for unauthorised people to drive over the barrier and along Stonebow.’
- ‘The locked box may be an operating system using a secure file system to protect data from unauthorized access.’
- ‘American Airlines disclaims any liability in the event that any third party gets unauthorized access to your personal data.’
- ‘We were warned that the authorities do not take unauthorised access, indeed any infringements, lightly.’
- ‘The access road will be closed so the unauthorised parking areas can be fenced off so shoppers cannot use them.’
- ‘The goal is to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to secure areas by posing as employees.’
- ‘He is suspected of breaking Japanese laws prohibiting unauthorised computer access.’
- ‘No unauthorised personnel could gain access and he had no reason to suspect any of his staff.’
- ‘They want regulation to prevent unauthorised access of personal details being processed abroad.’
- ‘The court reasoned that using the userid and password in violation of a contractual provision was an unauthorized access.’
- ‘Triple DES is used to prevent unauthorized access to information.’
- ‘There was a civil war on, and I was going to pose as an agent for a large buyer to conduct an unauthorised study of an illegal activity.’
- ‘Four other bishops were detained for refusing to join the official church or conducting unauthorized services.’
- ‘Cuba is cracking down on unauthorized use of the Internet by prohibiting access via the government phone service.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.