Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of financial accounts) not having been officially examined.
- ‘The group recently issued a complaint against the owners of Ireland on Sunday, accusing the rival publication of using unaudited figures to inflate sales.’
- ‘But one year later, in unaudited results for the year 2000, Akai took a loss for the entire $38.5 million it invested.’
- ‘Namibia Breweries Ltd, released its unaudited financial results for the first half of this year, up to July, this week.’
- ‘Since then Crean has published a trading statement with unaudited final figures.’
- ‘Many companies have nevertheless broken those costs out in their unaudited press releases.’
- ‘However, Armentrout says unaudited figures show that organizers spent about $1.9 million and owe approximately $965,000 to a variety of creditors.’
- ‘At its peak, in 1976, Ms. had a circulation of 500,000; it now limps along at an unaudited figure of around 110,000.’
- ‘It is very unusual to take over a company on the basis of unaudited accounts.’
- ‘Mega Financial yesterday also reported a 6.5 percent drop in first-quarter unaudited profit from a year earlier to NT $5.06 billion, the company said in a filing to the Taiwan Stock Exchange.’
- ‘It should be pointed out that the figures are unaudited.’
- ‘For the first half, profit was NT $4.64 billion, based on unaudited figures, the company said in a statement today.’
- ‘Those are actively purchased sales, not spurious, unaudited figures of papers dumped in corners, ignored or, at best, flicked through.’
- ‘In its filing, the company puts unaudited pro-forma revenue in the first nine months of this year at $3.9 billion, up from $3.7 billion in the comparable period a year earlier.’
- ‘For the first half, profit was about NT $17.9 billion, based on unaudited figures, Lee said.’
- ‘The co-op offers packages grouped according to ethnicity, borough and frequency, and verifies unaudited circulations.’
- ‘The unaudited accounts say it has total assets of almost $36m.’
- ‘One solution is for funds to produce two sets of books: consolidated accounts and unaudited results showing detailed returns from an equity fund's investments and disposals.’
- ‘On that date the consolidated unaudited balance sheet of the Applicant showed a negative shareholder's equity of on total assets of $103 million.’
- ‘It is understood Woolworths' analysis of ALH's unaudited figures will show the pub company missed its prospectus forecast in relation to gaming and on-premise liquor revenue.’
- ‘The Daily Star, already a winner, is up 12 per cent in London, on the basis of unaudited figures.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.