One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not existing in any documented form.‘if a will contains unattested changes, the changes will be disregarded’‘the burial of horses is rare and unattested anywhere else on mainland Greece’
- ‘To be a man's name it would have to be a contraction of Junianus, of a sort of contraction which is otherwise unattested.’
- ‘Perhaps less than 50 were really otherwise unattested.’
- ‘The name "Chrestus" is otherwise unattested among the Jews.’
- ‘This bespeaks a congruence that belies the alleged dichotomy, which Gerdmar again finds unattested in specific underlying data.’
- ‘Why do some patterns typologically common, while others are rare or unattested?’
- ‘The merchant Sebastian Vizcaino, sailing up the southern California coast, names Syuhtun and the area sheltered by the islands Santa Barbara, in honor of an unattested 3rd century martyr.’
- ‘Yet not one of the names in this list of nationsis historically unattested, not even that of the unlikely-sounding Gepids.’
- ‘Note that those like Mack, who can be awarded respect for their hypotheses of documents otherwise unattested, are not at an advantage over our thesis.’
- ‘Some have falsely taken evidence of change in the 2nd and 3rd centuries as a "guilt by association" validation of unattested changes in the 1st.’
- ‘Some scholars occasionally propose an unattested revision of Mark, a deutero-Mark, being the base of what Matthew and Luke used.’
- ‘On the other hand, we've learned how to reconstruct unattested proto-languages from their attested descendants and how to work out the family tree of related languages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.