One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Richard Williams is unarguably an annoyingly self-seeking exhibitionist basking in the warm glow of his off-springs' efforts; a confrontational egotist who is an argument waiting to happen.’
- ‘Grundy was the odds-on favourite, the Epsom and Irish Derby winner and unarguably the best three-year-old colt of his generation and possibly the best 10f-12f horse since Mill Reef.’
- ‘In summary, in addition to all the other arguments canvassed above, it is by no means unarguably correct that Australia's mandatory detention regime for asylum seekers breaches the ICCPR.’
- ‘Without the services of the unarguably world-class Scott Murray and with five changes to the side, all but the most fanciful optimists understood that Scotland's was a damage limitation exercise.’
- ‘There follows the concession that, yes, the American troops were very very bad, but nevertheless ‘the improvement is still, unarguably, the difference between night and day’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.