One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a case or ruling) not able to be referred to a higher court for review.
irreparable, unrepairable, beyond repair, unrectifiable, irremediable, irrevocableView synonyms
- ‘He added: ‘Unfortunately a judge's ruling is unappealable and that is another matter we are considering for the European Court as well as the justice of the decision itself.’’
- ‘He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable.’
- ‘But along with that safety, we'll face arbitrary and unappealable decisions on who can fly in a commercial airliner, rent a truck, borrow money, or even stay out of jail.’
- ‘Based on the unappealable decision of the executive committee, partners can be fired, demoted (as in this case), or have their pay lowered.’
- ‘Last year the court issued a ‘final and unappealable decision’ that in Bulgaria two religious communities existed which held the title ‘Bulgarian Orthodox Church.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.