One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a case or ruling) not able to be referred to a higher court for review.
irreparable, unrepairable, beyond repair, unrectifiable, irremediable, irrevocableView synonyms
- ‘Based on the unappealable decision of the executive committee, partners can be fired, demoted (as in this case), or have their pay lowered.’
- ‘He added: ‘Unfortunately a judge's ruling is unappealable and that is another matter we are considering for the European Court as well as the justice of the decision itself.’’
- ‘Last year the court issued a ‘final and unappealable decision’ that in Bulgaria two religious communities existed which held the title ‘Bulgarian Orthodox Church.’’
- ‘He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable.’
- ‘But along with that safety, we'll face arbitrary and unappealable decisions on who can fly in a commercial airliner, rent a truck, borrow money, or even stay out of jail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.