One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Agreement by all people involved; consensus.‘there is almost complete unanimity on this issue’
agreement, accord, harmony, concord, unity, union, solidarity, unison, consensus, like-mindedness, assentView synonyms
- ‘It's also important to remember, in the context of the contest, that unanimity is not the same thing as unity.’
- ‘The unanimity expressed by the First Minister and the main opposition party leader should be enough to reassure any reasonable parent.’
- ‘The predominance of unanimity encourages least-common-denominator agreements.’
- ‘There is unanimity among advertisers and producers that advertising of this kind needs to be as unobtrusive as possible.’
- ‘There is British insistence on unanimity for tax harmonization, partly on grounds of sovereignty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.