One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was this sorta stapled, tabloid-type thing on stiff paper, well printed but unambitiously laid out.’
- ‘These are failed poems, and they fail unambitiously, and there is even a sense in which their failures are repetitive, merely typical.’
- ‘Nestling between the likes of The Fast and The Furious and Rush Hour, Half Past Dead tries unambitiously to be this year's biggest action flick.’
- ‘This band sports an unambitiously simple sound.’
- ‘But to fail as Jeffrey Harrison does, so unambitiously, so droopily, to leave the plate with three called strikes-it smacks of faithlessness, of a kind of shrugging perfidy, a knowledge of what's expected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.