Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Not exposed to the open air for ventilation.
2Not previously broadcast.‘the original unaired pilot episode’
damp, musty, chilly, clammy, wet, moist, unaired, moisture-laden, humidView synonyms
- ‘I think there are unaired episodes, which they'll probably show.’
- ‘Finally, you get the unaired pilot episode, notable only because it features some clown named John Posey as Danny Tanner, prior to Bob Saget's accepting the role.’
- ‘TNT also owns 11 unaired episodes of the Wall Street drama Bull.’
- ‘This series pilot was rejected by the network and remained unaired until the very end of the show's run.’
- ‘As far as extras go, there are none, not even the well-known unaired pilot episode.’
- ‘The filmed evidence is the footage that was taken from the unaired pilot.’
- ‘Have any of you heard of an unaired American tv show called Heat Vision and Jack (starring Jack Black)?’
- ‘Also, the US DVD of the first season will be out in three weeks, and will contain LOTS of extras, including the original unaired pilot, commentaries, a lot of deleted scenes, etc.’
- ‘The two bonus tracks (which were unaired on the original broadcast) of new cuts just aren't up to snuff.’
- ‘The first is the unaired pilot episode of The Greatest American Heroine.’
- ‘A little more on the disappointing side are two unaired episodes.’
- ‘Included in this set is the original unaired pilot, which features brunette Liberty Williams and Bruce Kimmel playing the witchy siblings in a completely different setting with starkly contrasting dilemmas.’
- ‘Other features are a few unaired scenes in their rough form, and two featurettes - one on the First Lady character, and another on speechwriters in real life and in the show.’
- ‘An unaired pilot episode, made in 1992, was written by Tony Sheehan, produced by Allan McKeown, directed by James Burrows and starred the British actor Trevor Eve.’
- ‘Ferguson defended his performances, claiming that while most new chat show hosts have up to three months of unaired rehearsals he had been given only a couple of days to prepare.’
- ‘Previously unaired episodes of the British cult hit Absolutely Fabulous are expected to premiere on Comedy Central in December, seven years after the original series was canceled.’
- ‘Not only do they preserve the mixed-up sequence of the original CBS broadcast, but they dump the four episodes that were unaired during the show's original run at the end of the set.’
- ‘The episode includes one of the funniest gags of the entire series - that was unaired even in this episode's solitary airing on ABC.’
- ‘They begin with the original unaired pilot episode, which features additional expository scenes with the Tanner family before Alf's ship crashed.’
- ‘‘Sisco ‘has been canceled and it's unlikely any of the remaining three unaired episodes will ever air.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.