One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large tropical American cotinga with black plumage, a radiating crest, and typically long wattles.
- ‘I have seen several of the large, all black umbrellabirds flying across a large river.’
- ‘Three-wattled bellbirds and bare-necked umbrellabirds migrate seasonally to this region.’
- ‘We saw iguanas, toucans, blue-and-yellow macaws, green parrots, yellow - rumped caciques, horned screamers, umbrellabirds and hoatzins along flooded areas and riverbanks.’
- ‘I have been told that the umbrellabirds tend to approach more open areas during the rainy season when the palms fruit.’
- ‘The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve in Costa Rica is famous among birders for resplendent quetzals, umbrellabirds, cotingas, other rare birds… and wet weather.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.