One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plastic surgery performed on the navel, usually for cosmetic purposes.
- ‘Yes, the procedure is called an umbilicoplasty and can often be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient.’
- ‘More often the procedure is umbilicoplasty reconstructive surgery.’
- ‘With summer well underway and trips to beaches planned, more and more women are opting for umbilicoplasties for the perfect belly button.’
- ‘Thrust into the spotlight by the popularity of low-rise jeans, belly rings and midriff-baring celebrities, the itty bitty belly button is getting a lot of attention from plastic surgeons, who are reporting an increase in the number of umbilicoplasties they're performing.’
- ‘The exact figures however are not known since some umbilicoplasties are performed during a tummy tuck and are not recorded.’
- ‘During a routine umbilicoplasty, which can take anywhere from 90 minutes to three hours, Bermant said, patients are usually given a local anesthetic.’
- ‘This cosmetic surgical procedure is known as umbilicoplasty, with an average cost around $2,500.’
- ‘See before and after umbilicoplasty photos from Yale trained, board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez.’
- ‘The umbilicoplasty procedure is quick, taking only 30 to 90 minutes to do, and is performed under local or twilight anesthesia.’
- ‘According to the New York Times, plastic surgeons reported a surge in requests for umbilicoplasties last spring.’
- ‘Umbilicoplasty, performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, can turn almost any shape or size of belly button into almost any other shape or size.’
- ‘Back then, the women getting umbilicoplasties were mostly aging Boomers and Gen Xers.’
- ‘Natural belly buttons do NOT look like a perfect circle, and circular umbilicoplasty scars are a tummy tuck dead giveaway.’
- ‘Standalone umbilicoplasties are also rising, now that trousers are low-rise and navel-piercing is de rigueur.’
- ‘In umbilicoplasty, we have final proof of the midriff's total cultural triumph.’
- ‘An informal survey of a dozen Seattle plastic surgeons to find out if umbilicoplasties are in demand here, came up with zero results.’
- ‘Belly button umbilicoplasty options depend on the problem to be treated.’
- ‘With summer well on its way belly button surgery (umbilicoplasties) is the hottest trend in cosmetic surgery currently.’
- ‘Belly button surgery, also known as umbilicoplasty, is used to alter the look and shape of your belly button alone.’
- ‘The popularity of cosmetic umbilicoplasty, otherwise known as belly button surgery, has skyrocketed in the past few years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.