Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Plastic surgery performed on the navel, usually for cosmetic purposes.
- ‘Umbilicoplasty, performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, can turn almost any shape or size of belly button into almost any other shape or size.’
- ‘The umbilicoplasty procedure is quick, taking only 30 to 90 minutes to do, and is performed under local or twilight anesthesia.’
- ‘During a routine umbilicoplasty, which can take anywhere from 90 minutes to three hours, Bermant said, patients are usually given a local anesthetic.’
- ‘Standalone umbilicoplasties are also rising, now that trousers are low-rise and navel-piercing is de rigueur.’
- ‘Yes, the procedure is called an umbilicoplasty and can often be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient.’
- ‘The exact figures however are not known since some umbilicoplasties are performed during a tummy tuck and are not recorded.’
- ‘According to the New York Times, plastic surgeons reported a surge in requests for umbilicoplasties last spring.’
- ‘An informal survey of a dozen Seattle plastic surgeons to find out if umbilicoplasties are in demand here, came up with zero results.’
- ‘Back then, the women getting umbilicoplasties were mostly aging Boomers and Gen Xers.’
- ‘Natural belly buttons do NOT look like a perfect circle, and circular umbilicoplasty scars are a tummy tuck dead giveaway.’
- ‘Belly button surgery, also known as umbilicoplasty, is used to alter the look and shape of your belly button alone.’
- ‘With summer well on its way belly button surgery (umbilicoplasties) is the hottest trend in cosmetic surgery currently.’
- ‘More often the procedure is umbilicoplasty reconstructive surgery.’
- ‘The popularity of cosmetic umbilicoplasty, otherwise known as belly button surgery, has skyrocketed in the past few years.’
- ‘Belly button umbilicoplasty options depend on the problem to be treated.’
- ‘See before and after umbilicoplasty photos from Yale trained, board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez.’
- ‘In umbilicoplasty, we have final proof of the midriff's total cultural triumph.’
- ‘With summer well underway and trips to beaches planned, more and more women are opting for umbilicoplasties for the perfect belly button.’
- ‘Thrust into the spotlight by the popularity of low-rise jeans, belly rings and midriff-baring celebrities, the itty bitty belly button is getting a lot of attention from plastic surgeons, who are reporting an increase in the number of umbilicoplasties they're performing.’
- ‘This cosmetic surgical procedure is known as umbilicoplasty, with an average cost around $2,500.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.