One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique using echoes of ultrasound pulses to delineate objects or areas of different density in the body.
- ‘The tumour is often visible with basic radiological techniques such as chest radiography and abdominal ultrasonography.’
- ‘The diagnosis is based on the results of duplex ultrasonography or angiography, or both.’
- ‘If the area is not palpable, diagnostic mammography and ultrasonography should be performed.’
- ‘They can be treated by percutaneous drainage guided by ultrasonography or computed tomography if the pancreatic injury was minor.’
- ‘For each patient we compared the results of ultrasonography alone, ultrasonography with plain radiography, and intravenous urography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.