One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique using echoes of ultrasound pulses to delineate objects or areas of different density in the body.
- ‘The tumour is often visible with basic radiological techniques such as chest radiography and abdominal ultrasonography.’
- ‘For each patient we compared the results of ultrasonography alone, ultrasonography with plain radiography, and intravenous urography.’
- ‘The diagnosis is based on the results of duplex ultrasonography or angiography, or both.’
- ‘They can be treated by percutaneous drainage guided by ultrasonography or computed tomography if the pancreatic injury was minor.’
- ‘If the area is not palpable, diagnostic mammography and ultrasonography should be performed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.