Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique using echoes of ultrasound pulses to delineate objects or areas of different density in the body.
- ‘The diagnosis is based on the results of duplex ultrasonography or angiography, or both.’
- ‘They can be treated by percutaneous drainage guided by ultrasonography or computed tomography if the pancreatic injury was minor.’
- ‘For each patient we compared the results of ultrasonography alone, ultrasonography with plain radiography, and intravenous urography.’
- ‘The tumour is often visible with basic radiological techniques such as chest radiography and abdominal ultrasonography.’
- ‘If the area is not palpable, diagnostic mammography and ultrasonography should be performed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.