One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of competing in ultramarathons.‘in the world of ultrarunning, women outperforming men isn't surprising’
- ‘Sometime in the late 1980s, he also became intrigued with the potential of ultrarunning as an avenue to fulfillment, enlightenment and health.’
- ‘Ultrarunning requires the ability to endure often extreme discomfort, he said; but most notably, it's about keeping the mind fresh and surging through discouragement.’
- ‘Fueling yourself properly is a key component to ultrarunning.’
- ‘Given the inherent dangers of ultrarunning, did the group's extreme "run through it" philosophy blind them to obvious suffering in their friend?’
- ‘Trason's experience illuminates an important ultra-fact: Despite being called ultrarunning, this sport involves a fair amount of walking.’
- ‘Yes, ultrarunning is agonizing, torturous - maybe a little insane.’
- ‘I never claimed to be an authority on ultrarunning or necessarily a good ultrarunner.’
- ‘If she manages to pull off a Fitz win, she will be ultrarunning's first three-time national champion in a single year.’
- ‘Up until recently, there's been no fame or glory for ultrarunning, which shows little sign of becoming a mass phenomenon.’
- ‘His interest in ultrarunning began in 1991, when he witnessed a race at the University of Colorado.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.