One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of competing in ultramarathons.‘in the world of ultrarunning, women outperforming men isn't surprising’
- ‘Up until recently, there's been no fame or glory for ultrarunning, which shows little sign of becoming a mass phenomenon.’
- ‘I never claimed to be an authority on ultrarunning or necessarily a good ultrarunner.’
- ‘If she manages to pull off a Fitz win, she will be ultrarunning's first three-time national champion in a single year.’
- ‘Trason's experience illuminates an important ultra-fact: Despite being called ultrarunning, this sport involves a fair amount of walking.’
- ‘Ultrarunning requires the ability to endure often extreme discomfort, he said; but most notably, it's about keeping the mind fresh and surging through discouragement.’
- ‘His interest in ultrarunning began in 1991, when he witnessed a race at the University of Colorado.’
- ‘Fueling yourself properly is a key component to ultrarunning.’
- ‘Yes, ultrarunning is agonizing, torturous - maybe a little insane.’
- ‘Given the inherent dangers of ultrarunning, did the group's extreme "run through it" philosophy blind them to obvious suffering in their friend?’
- ‘Sometime in the late 1980s, he also became intrigued with the potential of ultrarunning as an avenue to fulfillment, enlightenment and health.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.