One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of laptop computer that is very slim and lightweight.
- ‘Gartner has forecast that ultraportables (which it prefers to call " mini-notebooks ") will show strong growth over the coming years.’
- ‘The ultraportables are lighter than ever, but with no optical drive, loading new software is inconvenient when you're on the go.’
- ‘Their range includes a model for every user from featherweight ultra-portable to full-spec desk-top replacement.’
- ‘For half the price of a regular laptop, you can buy an ultra portable, ultra small netbook that does the job nicely.’
- ‘The screen is small at 12 in but this is an ultraportable at 1.7kg, and big screens mean big, heavy batteries.’
- ‘Portable projectors typically weigh between 6 and 10 pounds, and the so-called "ultra portables" between 2 and 6 pounds.’
- ‘But if you're set on an ultra-portable you'd be hard pushed to find a better model than this.’
- ‘The ultra portable and thin and light models in Sony's Vaio range have always wowed with their special design.’
- ‘Lenovo's ultraportable is rugged and different enough to earn a loyal following.’
- ‘Unlike most ultraportables, it's packed with features.’
- ‘It falls short of being the ultraportable of my dreams because of design flaws that, while serious, could have been easily corrected.’
- ‘In fact, it vaults to the top of my list of favorite ultraportables.’
- ‘If you occasionally bring a laptop home from work you really do not need to go for an ultra-portable.’
- ‘As weight goes down, price goes up, so you may be better to go for heavier but cheaper model with more features than a stripped-down ultraportable with fewer features.’
- ‘If you occasionally bring a laptop home from work you really do not need to go for an ultraportable.’
- ‘The display, as with most ultra portable machines is a 12 in unit with a resolution of 1024 x 768.’
- ‘I do not think it will be an ultra portable.’
- ‘If multiple documents need to be viewed at the same time, an ultra-portable with a small display is probably not the best way to go.’
- ‘So you may be better to go for a heavier but cheaper model with more features, rather than a stripped-down ultraportable with fewer features.’
- ‘The range covers the full spectrum from ultraportable to desktop replacement, hitting all price points along the way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.