One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But Milner's Catholicism was no mere ivory-tower ultramontanism.’
- ‘To do this, he needed to single out the Catholics as being guilty of separatism and ultramontanism.’
- ‘Brian Clark outlines the underlying similarities between ultramontanism and evangelicalism.’
- ‘The support for Mary, a universal saint, may sometimes have been at the expense of local cults, making Marian devotions a central element in the progress of ultramontanism.’
- ‘The third section shifts from liberalism to socialism, and from a study of the rise of Ultramontanism to that of Ultramontanism in practice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.