Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Too small to be seen by an ordinary optical microscope.
- ‘Muller concluded that the gene is ultramicroscopic in size.’
- ‘Before an atom's spin may be measured, however, it must be detected, and isolating an individual ultramicroscopic atom is a tricky endeavor.’
- ‘Viruses are ultramicroscopic organisms - many times smaller than bacteria, and amongst the smallest organisms known.’
- ‘Cold viruses are ultramicroscopic organisms that depend on the genetic makeup of our cells for their reproduction.’
- ‘What is most relevant to Bell's Theorem is that the non-locality which it makes explicit in Quantum Mechanics is a small indication of pervasive ultramicroscopic nonlocality.’
- 1.1Relating to an ultramicroscope.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.