One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The holding of extreme opinions.
- ‘And, as do many manifestos, ultraism embraced many other writers prior to the naming of this movement.’
- ‘By the late 1820s, rising public indignation in the North, called by some ‘ultraism, ‘strengthened antislavery sentiments.’’
- ‘They are much afraid the ultraism of the present day will destroy the church.’
- ‘Well, ultraism has been around for a long time, and its root meaning is people who advocate extreme measures.’
- ‘In Spain this poetic school was called ‘ultraism’ in recognition of its overseas origin and also of its ultimate directions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.