One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & verb
- ‘Posner's proof of this result in his 1960 paper was rather unclear, and a clearer proof was given by S. Amitsur in 1967 using ultrafilters, a concept borrowed from logic.’
- ‘The first method involved centrifuging an aqueous albumin sample at 5000 g for 2 h through a Centricon - 10 ultrafilter (Amicon, Beverly, MA, USA).’
- ‘The nexine is an ultrafilter membrane, which is impermeable to most proteins.’
- ‘Then S is an isomorphism onto a BA of subsets of the set X of all ultrafilters on A.’
- ‘The polymers at first were concentrated inside the wall, which acted as an ultrafilter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.