Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An auxiliary rocket engine used in weightless conditions to provide sufficient acceleration to maintain the flow of liquid propellant from the fuel tank.
- ‘The flight was aborted by premature ignition of ullage rockets on Agena, after which President Eisenhower conferred with Richard M. Bissell personally.’
- ‘There are two jettisonable ullage rockets for propellant settling before engine ignition.’
- ‘I also took the opportunity to mould the ullage rocket units, of which four appear on Apollo 11.’
- ‘This kit includes four integrally molded ullage rockets for Apollos 8 through 14, but they are positioned incorrectly.’
- ‘Eight ullage rocket motors located around the bottom of the second stage then fire for approximately 4 seconds to give positive acceleration to the stage prior to ignition of the five J - 2 engines.’
- ‘At T + 60: 50 min one of 4 solid ullage rockets in 4th stage did not fire causing the stage to tumble.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.