One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was merely that I was not beautifully conspicuous but uglily conspicuous - it makes all the difference in the world.’
- ‘I can't believe I am studying beautiful music in such and uglily run country/world/universe.’
- ‘I was scared of death and did not want to die so uglily.’
- ‘And as far as sex goes, our white civilisation is crude, barbaric, and uglily savage.’
- ‘Why then does that village which my fancy conjures up call to mind a heap of reptiles breeding uglily in a bucket?’
- ‘Originally posted by ragejg at least you're not eccentrically ugly… or uglily eccentric’
- ‘Firefox and other browsers just let the rubric extend uglily beyond the edge of the content container.’
- ‘A Beijing smoker has brought a tobacco company and one of its sales agent to court, accusing them for producing or selling cigarettes which turned his teeth uglily yellow, the Beijing News reports on Tuesday.’
- ‘Germany can not only win games uglily, but also dominates them like that.’
- ‘I wondered as I saw some men in uniform gathered by the rear gate of the prison which squats uglily next to my flat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.